- Two parallel sessions were held separately at the third floor of the Learning Resource Center: (1) Presidents Hour at the Knowledge for Development Center led by Maryse Gautier, World Bank Manager for Portfolio and Operations; and (2) WB 101 at the Discussion Room 1 led by Veronique Danforth, World Bank Consultant, Washington D.C.
- This day marked the opening of exhibits. The following were the exhibitors: (1) Saint Paul University Philippines; (2) Ateneo De Naga University; (3) Palawan State University; (4) Asian Institute of Management; (5) UP School of Economics; (6) National Economic Development Authority-National Office; (7) National Economic Development Authority-Region 2 Office; (8) Silliman University; (9) University of San Carlos; (10) Central Philippine University; (10) University of Southeastern Philippines; (12) Notre Dame University; (13) Western Mindanao University; and (14) World Bank Philippines. This activity was led by Maryse Gautier and Sr. Remy Angela Junio, spc, SPUP President.
- KDC University Presidents and the World Bank Staff had a conference with Radyo ng Bayan at the SPUP KDC.
- The first lecture entitled, “Being Change Agents for Transformational Leadership and Good Governance” was presented by Fr. Rod Salazar, SVD.
- The second lecture, “Climate Change and Its Likely Impacts on the Philippines”, was presented by Dr. Ben S. Malayang III, Silliman University President.
- A film entitled, “Katiwalian” was shown during lunch at the Mary Madeleine Hall.
- Andrew Parker, Senior Rural Development Specialist of the World Bank, talked about “Being Catalysts for Innovation and Knowledge Sharing”.
- University Presidents met for a parallel session on KDC Program and Strategies at the SPUP KDC while the Richmonde Group met at the Discussion Room 1 for Procurement Reform where Moira Enerva WB and Archie Navarro, GPPB, were the facilitators.
- Awarding of the KDC STAR and Star KDC Member was held at the SPUP Poolside. University of San Carlos (USC) bagged the Star KDC award and its President, Fr. Rod Salazar, garnered the Star KDC Member Award. The Star KDC Award is given to the KDC that stood out during the year in demonstrating its commitment to knowledge for development, and in its creativity, innovation and effectiveness in being: (1) a hub for consultation and dialogue; (2) A catalyst for innovation and knowledge sharing; (3) A Change Agent for Transformational Leadership and Good Governance, and (4) a link in a network of development partners beyond the academe.
- The third day, started with a lecture on “Knowledge Sharing and e-Learning from Dr. Ben S. Malayang III of Silliman University.
- Fr. Rod Salazar, SVD, University of San Carlos President and Star KDC Member Awardee, delivered a speech about the best practices of the USC Knowledge for Development Center.
- Erlinda Ganapin, Executive Vice-President of Palawan State University, talked about “Steering the KDC Program in the University”.
- The first part of the KDC Planning took place.
- In the afternoon, “Online Procurement in the LGU” and the Academe was presented by Edsel Naguit and Archie Navarro. A demonstration on the use of Philippine Government Electronic System (PHILGEPS) was handled by Rey Villon.
- A Garden party at Patio Enrico concluded the day’s activities.
- A videoconference on the challenges and possibilities of social media with Pierre Wielezynski, World Bank executive, as the keynote speaker took place at the Mary Madeleine Hall. Skype was used in this session.
- The participants had a second planning session.
- Participants left SPUP for a project visit and dialogue in Tagga, Tuguegarao City.
- Participants proceeded to Hotel Roma for more parallel sessions: (1) ePIC and Powerpoint tips handled by Veronique Danforth and Chi Kim Tran, both from the World Bank; (2) showing of the film “Gamu-gamo sa Dilim”, with workshop on outreach, facilitated by Eva Brillo, SPUP KIRN Acting Director and Rosemarie Rosali, Head Librarian, UP Diliman School of Economics Library.
- The participants finalized their KDC plans for the year 2008.
- The 7th Annual KDC Meeting ended with a closing dinner and awarding of prizes.